17 November, 2011

Book List & 3 Movies

What I've read lately:

Captain Nemo - Kevin J. Anderson
The Time Thief - Linda Buckley-Archer
Here Lies Arthur - Philip Reeve
House of Many Ways - Diana Wynne Jones
The Universe Between - Alan Nourse
Robots, Androids & Mechanical Oddities: the Science Fiction of Philip K. Dick - edited by Patricia Warrick & Martin Greenberg
Bare Bones: Conversation on Terror with Stephen King - edited by Tim Underwood & Chuck Miller
Roswell Crash: What They Don't Want You to Know - Karl K. Korff
Beyond the Reflections Edge - Bryan Davis

Three movies I've watched recently. A couple have been out for a while, but I've got a 6 year-old & a 7 year-old, so I don't get to watch much or get out (other than school & basketball practice).

Skyline - the special effects were good, didn't like the storyline very much & while probably realistic about the eventual outcome if we were attacked, too pessimistic for me.

Battle: Los Angeles - I liked this one. The effects were good and I liked the story. The opposite of Skyline.

Captain America - I really liked this one a lot. I've actually watched it twice now. Pretty faithful to the original storyline from back in the day. I didn't really miss the red-white-and-blue uniform. This is my favorite Marvel movie so far, with Iron Man 1 in second. Can't wait for the Avengers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your time in reading this blog and commenting. Have a great day.