07 December, 2011

Really! She's Not From Venus

When I told my wife I was going to be reading a book that would help me understand her a little bit better, she rolled her eyes and gave me a sarcastic “Right.” I wasn’t sure myself, but after reading the book, “for men only,” by Shaunti and Jeff Feldhahn, I actually have a glimmer of hope in the quest to understand my wife just a little better.

Being a guy, there are some things I’ve never thought about concerning my wife, because like most men, I’m oblivious to many things right in front of me. And, who can tell what a woman is thinking or how her mind works? The answer? Other women. The research conducted in preparation for the writing of this book included surveys of actual women with very specific questions. The answers were a surprise to me and some of the other facts revealed by the authors were surprising as well. The six keys that are given in the book are somewhat obvious, but often overlooked.

While definitely biblically based, the reader isn’t beaten over the head with scripture, so even the non-churched male should find this a good book to read. It also doesn’t pretend to have all of the answers as many marriage-help books seem to lead one to believe.

This is a book that every man would do well to read and have on hand to re-read as necessary.  
This book was provided to me free of charge by Waterbrook-Multnomah in return for an unbiased review, which you have read above.



  “As I was writing For Women Only to help women understand the inner lives of men, over and over I heard that men wished there was a way to understand their wives, but they felt it was probably impossible. I heard from them, ‘You are writing this little slim volume about men, but if it was about understanding women, it would have to be the size of an encyclopedia! Women are random and complicated!’ These men were surprised and encouraged when I assured them that women are neither random nor complicated, and we can be understood. Men just want to love their wives well, and For Men Only will help them do that.”

—Shaunti Feldhahn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your time in reading this blog and commenting. Have a great day.