28 May, 2012

Firestorm by Lisa Tawn Bergren


Firestorm by Lisa Tawn Bergren would not have been my first choice as a book to read – it was actually my only choice (here’s a plug for people to help me get my Klout up).
Firestorm is Book 6 in the Full Circle series. Within the series each book is somewhat tied to the other through the relationships of characters. Firestorm follows Reyne Oldre a few years after her being involved in a tragic accident while fighting a forest fire. No longer on the frontlines of fighting forest fires, Reyne is making a presentation as part of her US Forest Service job for a research project to help save more firefighter lives. Just as she begins to wind up her presentation, she’s interrupted by the obligatory entrance of a loud, brash, handsome (wink,wink) man who steals the attention of the board and the funding for her project.
A week later this same man parachutes in to her home while she has company and tells her that they will be working together on his project. Needless to say, this encounter doesn’t end well.
From there on out, while not being too formulaic the inevitable happens. Arguing, testiness and love. True love. It is refreshing that the characters are Christians and actually pray for guidance and help.
The book is well written and I am sure that the others in the series are as well. I have to be candid in saying that romance novels are not my cup of tea. Same goes with girl movies. I can leave them to the girls. But I will recommend that if you do like romance novels this is a series for you.
As always, Waterbrook/Multnomah provided this book to me in return for an honest, unbiased review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your time in reading this blog and commenting. Have a great day.