22 June, 2011

Book List

I've just finished reading two books, and those will probably be the last fiction novels I read for a while, at last until I get settled in with my 4 classes at PSC. I am reading "Average Joe" at the moment and will have a review of it over the weekend.

So here goes:

River in the Sky by Elizabeth Peters

I have to admit that I really like the Amelia Peabody series. It's a guilty pleasure, and one that I have a hard time resisting. The description of Egypt in the late 1800's and early 1900's is fascinating and Peters does an exquisite job with her characters.
A definite must-read and you should also pick up the other titles in the series.





Dead or Alive by Tom Clancy and Grant Blackwood

It's been a number of years since the last novel set in the Jack Ryan sphere of influence by Clancy.
He brings back all of the old characters from previous novels, excepting those dead from old age and the like.
While not one of his best, I did enjoy it and would while not a must-read, if you're a Clancy fan, don't miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your time in reading this blog and commenting. Have a great day.