23 June, 2011

Not So Average Joe

I have read many of the books out there that propose to help you discover your calling, God's plan, where you life should go, you know the ones I mean.
They are all good books, but somehow they fall short in readability (if that's a word).
"Average Joe" by Troy Meeder is not one of those books.
Written to us average joes out there, Meeder hits a resonance that I have found lacking in other books.
Meeder hits the message over and over, without being tedious, that average, ordinary guys matter as much as the more 'important' guys among us.
Meeder recognizes the men throughout his life that made the difference in the moment and ties it together with biblical examples.
I read this book in two days and plan on keeping it close by for frequent re-readings.
I rarely give a book an unequivocal 'yes' when reviewing, but I cannot be more enthusiastic in recommending it for every "Average Joe" out there.

"Average Joe" was provided to me free of charge by Waterbrook Multnomah for an impartial review.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your time in reading this blog and commenting. Have a great day.