09 June, 2011

Book Review - Sir Quinlan

Sir Quinlan and the Swords of Valor by Chuck Black is an excellent book for both the young reader and the old.
At first I was afraid that since this was book #5 I wouldn't have any idea what was going on, but my fears were laid to rest, this is a worthy stand-alone novel.
Sir Quinlan grows into his role as our hero and along the way leaves behind childhood and the would-be heroes of his life.
Overcoming mistakes and forgiveness are lessons learned along the way and the very straight-forward parallels drawn between our King and His Son and those of the book are very hard to miss.
I heartily recommend this book and will be reading the first four books as soonas possible.
And as soon as my children are old enough to read this level book, I am going to make sure they start this series.
I was provided this book by WaterbrookMultnomah free of charge, under no obligation than to provide a review of the book, either positve or negative.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your time in reading this blog and commenting. Have a great day.