18 June, 2011

School

I've just finished the first mid-term test that I've had to take in over 30 years.
Yes, I am that old.
It was my Principles of Information Security test and next week I have my Intro to Criminal Justice test coming up.
I feel pretty confident so far.
Later this month I start my other 2 classes for this term - Philosophy and Algebra, both of which I could do without.
These are my first steps on the way to an AS degree in IT Security.

However, my less that dedicated approach to school 30 years ago has thrown me another curve. New guidelines have been enacted and I have to write an appeal to have my Pell Grant be usable at Pensacola State. I have to show mitigating circumstances as to my not completing classes when I was 18.
I don't remember being 18!

Anyway, I will appreciate prayers and thoughts as I attempt to persuade the appeals board to allow me to use the Pell money I have available to continue my education. Failing their approval, I am back at the starting point. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for your time in reading this blog and commenting. Have a great day.